Okay I’ve spent a bit of time judging and pointing out all the “NOT” so hot fashions and behaviors at the gym. How about we end the week on a positively “HOT” note? Not a bad idea since it’s been around 107 to 110 degrees in Vegas for the last several days and according to my iPhone we have no relief in sight.
Obviously to qualify as “HOT” you need to avoid all the “NOT” hots I’ve covered over the last couple of weeks. To be “HOT” you don’t have to be one of the top 10% of people who are exceptionally attractive. If that was a requirement I’m wasting my time writing (which I kind of enjoy) and you are wasting your time reading my blog (at least for the last two weeks and I’m hoping regardless you are enjoying it).
Okay guys first…what I mean is what makes a girl “HOT”? She’s confident but not bitchy, her outfit is coordinated but she doesn’t overdue it (girls if you are wearing $150 ensembles what message are you sending? you might scare guys away), she makes eye contact and will smile when smiled at, you can see some skin where appropriate (assuming she’s reached the “time to reveal” stage of her fitbattle), she’s not overdoing it on the cleavage (save the girls for the bar scene) or the makeup, no visible thong th-thong thong thongs, no excessive jewelry or accessories (i.e. fanny packs), and finally when you are at the gym you are kicking ass (if you don’t do anything else make sure you are giving your workouts 100% – this I know, on very good authority, is very “HOT”).
Now girls…what makes a guy “HOT”? The list doesn’t differ too much, but let’s see… He’s confident but yet approachable, his gym wear is understated neat and clean, he makes eye contact and smiles (or we’ll accept a cute grin or even a nod…give us something…we prefer it when you make the first move), unlike the gals please nothing too revealing (we definitely do not need to see your man boobs), boxers or briefs? (should stay a mystery), no jewelry (leave the gold chains at home) or fanny packs (yes I’ve seen guys wearing fanny packs too), and yes kick ass when you are at the gym (not in the hey look at how cool and strong I am way…focused on a mission sort of way).
Now if you want to move beyond just looking or being looked at once you’ve got your “HOT” look down (I can’t believe I’m going to give advice on this…my disclaimers? I’m very single and have never tried any of these tactics but I still think that they will work) and potentially meet another “HOT” guy or girl try these recommendations:
- DO NOT wear head phones, especially when you are not on cardio machines.
- Look up once in a while and make eye contact with the other “HOT” people.
- Be nice to the kids that work the check-in counter, there’s no telling when you might need some 411 on that HOT guy/girl.
- Be friendly to everyone…guys and girls.
- If you are attending a class say hello to the people around you…guys and girls.
- If someone talks to you (even if you are really aren’t interested in them) be nice, someone else more interesting might be watching.
- It takes a lot of guts for someone to approach you so don’t immediately reject them. Treat them how you want to be treated.
- Always be courteous! Hold the door for someone, let them go first, hand them the spray bottle.
Let me know if any of this works…I’m pretty sure it will.
Have a great weekend! Kathi